Wilmington is in the middle of it all! From a location standpoint, Wilmington offers the unparalleled opportunity to quickly reach major east coast cities within hours. This makes it an excellent base of operations and ideal for a regional salesforce, support centers, and logistics companies managing the transportation of goods up and down the east coast.
When we say Wilmington is in the middle of it all, it's not just a figure of speech. It's a literal fact, and a tremendous strategic advantage for businesses.
- Wilmington sits right in the middle of the U.S.'s Northeast Corridor, roughly equidistant from Washington, D.C., and New York City, within easy reach of everything essential to business success.
- About one out of every three Americans – a massive market of over 100,000,000 people – live within a 350-mile radius of Wilmington.
Get There Quickly
From Wilmington it is easy to reach major urban centers up and down the east coast, many of which can be reached using I-95 or by taking the train.
- Philadelphia - 30 minutes
- Baltimore - 60-minutes on I-95
- NYC - 1½ hours by train, 2 hours on I-95
- Washington DC - 1 ½ hours by train, 2 hours on I-95
- Richmond - 3 ½ hours on I-95
- Boston - 6 hours
- Raleigh/Durham - 6 hours on I-95
- Portland, Main - 7 hours on I-95
Well-Connected Transportation Systems
- The country’s most important north-south route, Interstate 95, runs right by our doorstep, minutes from downtown.
- Executives catch high-speed passenger trains at our convenient Amtrak station.
- Local SEPTA train access connects Wilmington to Philadelphia by regional rail.
- UBER is available!
- New Castle County Airport, just 5 miles south of town, is a major hub for corporate and other private aircraft, and Philadelphia International Airport is just a 25-minute drive.
- For transporting goods, you’ll have the added advantage of access to the nearby deepwater Port of Wilmington, which handles over 400 ships and five million tons of cargo a year.
Senator Tom Carper talks with fellow travelers at the Wilmington Station.
There are four major airports within an easy drive of Wilmington. The nearest and most accessible airport is Philadelphia (PHL) Airport which is 18.2 miles away. Other nearby airports include Harrisburg (MDT) (71.6 miles), Baltimore (BWI) (71.9 miles), Newark (EWR) (97.9 miles) and Reagan Washington (DCA) (101.6 miles).
New Castle County Airport is a major hub for corporate and private aircraft.
The Port of Wilmington is a full-service, deep water port and marine terminal strategically located on 308 acres at the confluence of the Delaware and Christina Rivers. Delaware's Port is the first major port on the Delaware River - only 63 miles or 4 hours from the Atlantic Ocean. The Port of Wilmington is North America’s #1 Seaport for the import of fresh fruits, bananas, and juice concentrate. It is also the designated US Port of entry for Moroccan clementines, has the largest doc-side refrigerated complex and the largest fumigation facility in the U.S. Businesses locating in the city have convenient access to the Port and the ability to be near cargo they are importing and distributing.
Port of Wilmington is a full-service deepwater port and marine terminal.
Wilmington is located in the Northern tip of the Delaware peninsula marked by dune-backed beaches bordering the Atlantic Ocean, Delaware River and Delaware Bay. When not working, residents can easily reach their beachfront vacation within 1 1/2 hours.